CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] QST contest results

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST contest results
From: n9ij@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:12:12 +0000
OK, so ARRL decided to only provide a synopsis of their contests in QST with
arguments that we are only a small minority of QST readership. Why not publish
complete contest results in NCJ and give ARRL members the option of receiving
EITHER of the magazines with an ARRL membership.? I'd much prefer my membership
be geared toward my interests rather than a publication that usually becomes
recycle fodder. I maintain membership only because I MAY become interested in
DXCC again.

I have to wonder at our status as a small minority when QST letter space is
loaded with complaints of our taking over the HF bands on most weekends. Couple
this with the letters about VHF/UHF repeaters lacking entertainment for road
warriors, little weak signal activity outside contests, etc., I wonder just
where the majority does hang out!