CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] IT SEEMS TO ME

To: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IT SEEMS TO ME
From: "JIM NEIGER" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 21:06:39 -0800
It seems to me that the Boys in Madeira (one of my all-time places, ever, to visit - you need to see Funchal, all alit with Christmas lights) simply out-operated, or perhaps had fewer Murphy's that the Curacao Crew. The respective multipliers weren't even close.

Can the guys "change" their category post-contest, as long as all operations were within the rules? Why not? What's so official about 3830? It's often simply for bragging rights, and I don't remember ever reading someone complaining that they were ahead of the No. 2...........

Having operated extensively from nearby 8P6, 9Y4, P40, YV, HC - I can attest that throughout the years and solar cycles, that part of the world from which PJ2T suffers, is second to none. They continue to excel most every year - I doubt worrying too much about the guys up north in the snow, or with aurora, or trying to solve Murphy all by themselves.

Don't get discouraged guys - trust me, during the next 8 years of lousy conditions in the northern latitudes, you will again be No. 1. And I doubt if you will be too concerned about the rest of us 'sufferers'.

Vy 73

Jim Neiger  N6TJ

-----Original Message----- From: Jeff Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 7:19 PM
To: Kelly Taylor
Cc: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Catagory

Kelly, It's much more than just trying to gain an unfair advantage. Please reread the the first paragraph which contains words like "respect , fairness, ethics and fellowship". But the last one is the most important word - " sore loser "

JeffOn Dec 8, 2015 9:58 PM, Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net> wrote:

One could argue poor sportsmanship is being displayed by those kvetching about their win, especially absent any facts.

A definition of poor sportsmanship in the link you provide is "…breaking the rules to gain an unfair advantage."

What rules have been broken and what's the "unfair advantage" of a lowly M2 station beating a MM?

73 kelly
ve4xt