CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] level field

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] level field
From: "rob beaudoin" <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:21:56 -0500
I wish to express my 2 cents worth on the subject of leveling the playing field
from a competitor
with limited income and a average  staion.  I speake as a lifelong contestor of
47 years, with
40 of them from New England.  When I lived in New England I had a A4S at 50
feet, and a
couple wires off the tower for 80/40.   When I  moved here 7 years agoI I put
up a 50 ft tower with new A4S
and a couple wires off the tower again.  DXing and contesting certainly more of
a chaleng here
in Alabama.   A couple years ago I was able to put up a 5 element tribander at
80 feet and 2
element 40 meter beam at 70 feet. I guess you would say that is a little above
average now.
That is not my point,  The point   is   I know  how much extra effort is needed
to achieve a respectable
score now.  It's nice to beat your area competition but any serious competitor
would like a fair
shot at the top.  So yes can we do something, anything to level the field.  I
mean nothing
ventured nothing gained.  Maybe this is just not possible, in any case I will
still be in there trying.
73 BoB WA1FCN