CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] SSB in CW band

To: <CQ-CONTEST@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSB in CW band
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:23:32 -0000
I would like to suggest to the CQWWSSB guru's that a cut-off frequency be
set for 40 meters. I think 7025 and above is more than reasonable for SSB
operation during the contest. This year is worse than last and has been
getting progressively worse every year. There have been many pleas in past
years but they fall on deaf ears at the contest committee. There is plenty
of unused frequency spectrum above 7025. I checked several times and there
was no valid reason for any station to operate below 7025. It might be
different if every 2.5 khz there was someone operating in the contest but
there wasn't. In fact there were several 20-25 khz segments where no one was
operating, yet there were stations below 7025 operating in the contest.
Thank you

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ