CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY WPX and NA Sprint CW this weekend
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Fri Feb 8 07:57:57 2002
Does anyone know when the Feb CW Sprint was moved from the
1st weekend in February to the second? My computer logs going
back to Feb 1996 show that the contest has been held on the
second weekend. I did not operate in 1995, but in 1994 I have
a paper log from the phone contest showing that it was held on the
second weekend (I made a brief appearance using the name "Spanky").
This suggest that the switch between the first weekend and the second
weekend was made in either 1995 or 1996. I seem to recall from
operations in the late 80's when the contest was run on the first
weekend that where there was some minimal overlap with the FOC
contest.

How old is the CQ/RJ RTTY Contest and why hasn't this issue
come up before?

73 de Mike, W4EF.....................