CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] STUFF

Subject: [CQ-Contest] STUFF
From: kr6x@kr6x.com (Leigh S. Jones)
Date: Sat Jan 25 19:55:10 2003
I can't say that I agree with either side of this exchange.

Frankly, I find a number of operating practices that are common now to
be an
annoyance.  I don't enjoy passing multipliers band to band, and I
don't enjoy
using packet or any other spotting technology.  I'd prefer to compete
in a
contesting world that didn't even allow multioperator stations to use
packet.
I'd prefer having hard and fast rules against making contest schedules
of any
kind -- either before the contest begins or on the fly during
contests -- except
perhaps something like "I can't copy your zone on this frequency now
that
Bob has fired up his CQ machine here, let's go up 5 or so and try
there!"
If I could come up with a workable rule to outlaw multiplier passing
and
packet completely I think it would benefit contesting.  But we'd
probably
have to pretty much agree on the subject to create a rules change like
that,
and there's not much chance of this group agreeing...

So, Jim, I like your ideas; but let's eliminate the ASSISTED category
my way.
Except not the K0HB way.  Let's outlaw ANY use of packet during
contests.
Let's outlaw ANY solicitation of contacts on another band during
contests. But
a new rule against super-check partial is of little interest to me.
It would be
kind of like adding a rule against using crutches in the 100 yard dash
in the
Olympics.  Guys who need them aren't in the running anyway.