CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: "'Paul O'Kane'" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 23:24:19 -0000
The contest in question (CQ WPX) has the following rules governing remote
operation.

IV. Terms of Competition for All Categories:

(f) All operation must take place from one operating site. Transmitters and
receivers must be located within a 500-meter diameter circle or within the
property limits of the station licensee, whichever is greater. All antennas
must be physically connected by wires to the transmitters and receivers used
by the entrant.

(g) The entry location of a remote station is determined by the physical
location of the transmitters, receivers, and antennas. A remote station must
obey all station and category limitations.
<<

These two rules together pretty much cover it. Your station has to all be in
one place.  The op can be far away as long as the station (transmitter,
receiver, antennas) are all in one place.

I think it is pretty amazing that someone was able to make 4000+ QSOs from a
remote station!  I would rather have that activity on the band than the guy
not making any QSOs at all.

Randy Thompson, K5ZD
Director - CQ WPX Contest

email: k5zd@cqwpx.com