CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] SEA DX perspective

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SEA DX perspective
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:31:30 +0700
Hi Steve,

I know that, because people like sometime send me an e-mail to just say thank
you or give SWL reports.
Several big NA stations also call me just to say 73 even when it's not a
contest day and I appreciate that.

On contest days if I have spare time (and that's what limit my participation),
I always probe the path to NA and SA on 20-15-10m around 0200z.
My antipode being close to Brazil, I have a good bath to that several time a
day, but not many stations are present on the other side.
I am usually not very active on 40m because it is crowded with local YB and DU
on the whole band. If condx are really good that's worth a try, otherwise it is
just wasted time and a lot of frustration.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y