CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] RBN System?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RBN System?
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2024 20:41:11 -0500
I got decoded okay at 10 wpm multiple times over the past couple SSTs, Joe.

Here's tonight's RBN for me:

https://www.reversebeacon.net/main.php?rows=10&max_age=10,hours&spotted_call=N5OT&hide=distance_km

Plenty of decodes.  Some say 11 wpm but I was at 10 wpm at all times.

Using messages here generated by N1MM+ with some half~spaces but nothing fancy.

73 - Mark N5OT

On 9/7/2024 11:11 AM, Joe wrote:
Do the RBN sites have a min speed to be detected ummm thing?

I'm getting ready for the Slow Speed Open.

I CQed for close to ten minutes at 10 WPM, and not a single RBN grabbed me.

But at 15 Wpm a few like six grabbed me.

At my usual contesting speed 25/30 wpm, the browser was totally filled.

It seems to like faster speeds.

But at 10 wpm not a single decode.

Joe WB9SBD