CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:45:01 -0500
N4OGW said:
"I think it is ridiculous that the contest sponsor has a right to tell
me what kind of receiver I can use! I should be  able to use the
best I can find with my local antennas."

This statement hits the nail squarely on the head! Again, I'll add
my definition of "Single Operator" who is "not assisted". Put this
fellow out in a field, in a tent or shack, with no outside connection
to the world except his radio. Let this Single Operator drag any
technology into his shack and have at it. As soon as you or the
contest committee step into his shack and begin to divvy up the
technology you find there, you have dragged your own personal
biases into the classification.

He is a Single Operator, period. Or as one of our esteemed
reflectorite usually says, "A boy and his radio(s)".

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN