CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Certificates/administration

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Certificates/administration
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Fri Apr 11 14:06:22 1997
CQ magazine sponsors a set of the best contests in amateur radio.  Due to
requests for "special" categories the number of contest certificates has
risen dramatically to cover QRP, low power, single operator assisted, band
disadvantaged, rookies, ops with a tri-bander and wires, different levels of
multi-op.  The number of certificates from the CQ 160 has nearly doubled
since 1989 when I started assisting Don, N4IN.  The number of plaques has
grown too. However, I see nothing wrong with approach if it brings out more
competitors and more multipliers.  But please be patient with the Directors
of each contest as they toil to get out the certificates.

I am still working on the 1996 certificates and plan on spending some time
getting them finished by June 1.  The plan is to send most Dx cerificates to
CQ for final stamping this month and then repeat with USA/VE in May.
Remember this is volunteer work and is done time permitting.

A nice request (flames get deleted without response) to the sponsor for a
missing certificate or plaque is appropriate after a certain time frame
say 1995 and before right now.  I have 104 prior requests  (1988 to 1995)
for replacements that I work on about once per month.  Normal turn around is
within a year of publication.  I have tried several times ot speed this up
but I must support my family first ( and I try to operate some too).

73, Dave K4JRB
CQ WW 160 Contests

From: Glenn Swanson <gswanson@arrl.org> (Glenn Swanson)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KB1GW on the Web...

Yea, I know, just what the world needs: another web page.

        However, I'm learning HTML, so pay a visit to my personal page
        and let me know what you think, and what you'd like to see added.

        Here's the URL:

        http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1138/index.html

        Not there yet, but coming soon: Articles on Beverages, and
        on contesting, of course.

        Enjoy.

        73, Glenn, KB1GW