CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation

To: 'CQ Contest' <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation
From: asciibaron@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:23:14 +0000
W5OV wrote:
> > It would take about 5 minutes of listening to these "HI-FI" and AM types of
> > operators to not only recognize how much spectrum they waste, but also how
> > devoid of value their operations are. "Does my audio have enough bass in it
> > today?" ..."Bill, your audio is without question the best on the
> > air"..."Tell me which way my audio sounds better".

the issue is the fact that the bulk of the 80m band above 3600 has huge empty
spaces between signals.  transmission content does not reduce the value of the
transmission to the originating or intended receiving station - you are a 3rd
party to the transmission and therefore it naturally would seem devoid of
content.

non-contesters view our exchanges as equally devoid of content and therefore
given your logic, contesting is a waste of spectrum that could be better filled
with awesome hi-fi audio transmissions coast to coast.

pot, kettle, black.

-Steve, WM3O