CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] ADIF County Conversion Software version 4.0 - WindowsGUI

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ADIF County Conversion Software version 4.0 - WindowsGUI
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:27:51 -0600
Jim,

A quick report to let you know I downloaded your wcounties.zip and ran it
against my 2006 MN QSO Party log. No errors were reported, the program reported
it converted 67 counties, and a quick visual cross-checking showed it converted
ANO into MN, Anoka (as well as many other county names). I am running Windows
XP Pro S/P 2.

You may consider posting some statistics of the conversions on the display in
one of your future versions. For example, what counties were recognized and
converted, and how many Q's with each... and then there's the Q's per mode
total too.

Keep in mind I am a "data junkie" and this may be out of scope for your
product! The contesting software should provide this information, but it would
be a nice cross-check of the numbers.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:35:26 -0500
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ADIF County Conversion Software version 4.0 -
Windows GUI
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net, cq-contest@contesting.com

I have developed a Windows GUI version of my ADIF County Conversion
program. It should work on Windows 2K/XP but I don't know about older
operating systems. Download from this web page:

http://software.ad1c.us/#County

Download wcounties.zip and extract wcounties.exe to the directory
where your ADIF files are located. To run the program, just
double-click on the wcounties.exe icon and then File -> Convert. It
will prompt you for the rest of the information. By default, the
output file name is the same as the input file name with the STATE
abbreviation appended to the base part of the file name, i.e.
CQP2006.ADI -> CQ2006_CA.ADI.

This is my first Windows GUI program and I'm interested in feedback
in any shape or form.  Please try it on Windows 95/98 and let me know
if it runs.

I still have a lot to learn, but I hope to release other
Windows-based programs in the future.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us