CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] e qsl
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 30 Apr 2005 16:36:26 -0500
On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 12:07, R Johnson wrote:
> You have the ability to "REJECT" a QSO in eQSL, which is more than LoTW
> provides. Most of the time it's due to a busted call. I have K1VV and

You also have the ability to accept a QSO whether it's actually in your
log or not.  Say P5XYZ busts WI9WI's call & submits an eQSL record with
my call in the "station worked" field  Next time I log in, I see I'm
being offered a P5 QSL.  Would I reject it?

(yes, but if I don't, who knows?)

In LotW, the QSO is automatically rejected if you don't submit a copy of
the same QSO with your log.  I only get a P5XYZ QSL if both the P5 and I
have submitted the QSO with the same band/mode/date/time.  Not being
psychic, I rather doubt I'd stand much chance of guessing when/where the
P5 busted Jim's call....

I suppose it's a more passive rejection -- the other guy doesn't get a
notice that his QSO with you was rejected, the way he does with eQSL,
but it's rejected nonetheless.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66