CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 21 Oct 2006 13:23:13 -0500
On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 09:44, Guy Molinari wrote:
>Second, posting to the system is deemed equivalent to a spot (and a self spot
>no less).

The WAG contest is in progress.

I can tell you DL1IAO will be on 40 meters in about five hours.

Does that information provide an unfair advantage?  If you want to work
him, you've still got to *listen* on 40 and figure out just where on 40
meters he is!

I just don't see realtime scoring amounting to a self-spot.  There just
isn't enough information there.

==========================
N8RA wrote:
"...Real time score scoreboards fell into the category of "a new idea to
try". I am fortunate to have the infrastructure to allow it: an
always-on internet connection and powerful enough computer, so I gave it
a try during the last..."

FYI the N1MM Logger version seems to work fine on my K6/2-450MHz, 64MB
RAM running Windows 98.  I would suggest any PC meeting the N1MM
hardware requirements would do the trick.  I've also got a dialup
Internet connection which is more than adequate.  (though it should be
noted I'm single so there's no XYL or harmonics complaining about the
phone line being tied up!)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66