CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs. N1MM

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CT vs. N1MM
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:29:07 -0000
Bill in the early early days of CT long before the internet we would get bug
patches and fixes a day or so before the a contest. I lived in San Diego
section then and Rick, N6ND, was the unofficial go-between to K1EA. He would
get updates and then we would get our updates at HRO in San Diego. In the
early days CT had a lot of growing pains but we all realized that CT would
be a, and was, a great contesting aid. For those who have sent me 'hate'
mail if it were not for CT we would not be having this discussion. In those
early days there were a lot of really horrendous attempts at contesting
software, including but not limited to one I wrote, in basic, for the SS. CT
was the only viable contest logging software, at the time, and still is very
functional today.
Contesting software, I've found, is a matter of personal preference. Neither
is really right or wrong it's what is easiest and most functional for each
individuals contesting needs. My original intent with this thread was to try
dispel what I thought were erroneous statements that were made and I threw
in the plug for CT as an afterthought.
73

MAL
N7MAL