CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Contest Records Pages

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Contest Records Pages
From: dhenderson@arrl.org (Henderson, Dan N1ND)
Date: Fri Mar 2 14:29:37 2001
Hi All:

Many people have inquired about an on-line posting of records for ARRL
Contests.

We are in the log term process of revising and updating all of our records
and making them available on-line.  The old links were removed several weeks
ago because those on-line files had not been updated in several years
(before I arrived at the League.)  A group of volunteers headed up by George
K5TR and Dave of the many calls but currently known as NT1N is working on
the project.  Since they are working purely as volunteers, there is no time
frame for having the process completed.  However they are working on it.

We have posted the first update from the group: the current records for this
weekend's ARRL International DX Phone contest.  It has been posted and may
be accessed from a link at the main ARRL Contest Branch web pages at:

www.arrl.org/contests

If you find omissions or have questions, please contact George or Dave
directly.

This format for the list is only temporary at this time, as we wanted to get
this on-line in time for the start of this weekend's contest.  Other
temporary links will be posted as we receive the data from the team.  Once
the initial lists are posted for all ARRL contests, we hope to be able to
expand the lists, to possibly include section level records and possible
some Top Ten lists for selected contests.  As you can imagine this is a
tremendous amount of data to handle, and since the vast majority of the
records are not in electronic format, will take time as they have to work
their way through old issues of QST.  Once the records are automated, I have
already begun working with our in-house Information Services Department on
developing a process that will automatically update the records after the
contest results are final and in print for QST.

My thanks to George and Dave and their helpers for tackling this huge
project.

Everyone have a great contest this weekend.

73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager