CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox : The ARRL Contest On-Line S

Subject: [CQ-Contest] www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox : The ARRL Contest On-Line SoapboxTo
From: dhenderson@arrl.org (Henderson, Dan N1ND)
Date: Fri Feb 15 15:27:31 2002
Announcing the:

www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox  : The ARRL Contest On-Line Soapbox

The ARRL Contest Branch is pleased to announce the opening of the ARRL
Contest On-Line Soapbox and Photograph Web Site for ARRL Contests.  The site
will open at 0000 UTC on Monday February 18, 2002 (7:00 p.m. EST Sunday
February 17).  The URL is:

www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox

The site offers you, the participants, an on-line home for sharing your
comments, soapbox, photographs and narratives related to ARRL on-the-air
contests.  It is an resource that we hope will grow to be a valuable for
both the experienced contester and the newcomer. The ARRL Contest On-Line
Soapbox is open to both ARRL members and non-members. To post to the On-Line
Soapbox, log on to www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox and follow the directions
found on the page.

We encourage you to visit the site and post comments.  Focus your comments
on your involvement in the contest - funny things that happened, new
experiences for you in the contest, stories that may help others learn from
your efforts, or simply your general impression on the event. There are
other more appropriate forums for discussing and debating specific
contesting issues,  so we encourage you to use this resource as an on-going
"informational site."  Keep in mind that the audience that may be viewing
your posts is broad, so we encourage you to exercise decorum in your
postings.

The ARRL reserves the right to edit or decline posts that may be
inappropriate to this forum. Responsibility for content of all posted
material rests exclusively with the item author. ARRL staff assumes no
responsibility for errors, omissions, and accuracy of items appearing on
this page. All questions and comments should be directed to the item author.

The ARRL Contest On-Line Soapbox is a work-in-progress.  Over the next
several months and contests, we will be making additions and changes to the
site.  If you have suggestions as to how to improve the site please contact
me at n1nd@arrl.org Our goal is to provide an entertaining and educational
resource that can help attract interest in the contesting area of our hobby.

Thanks and 73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager