CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Audio Distribution Unit

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Audio Distribution Unit
From: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
I have two - one of those and another variant in the same price range
(half the price).

They work great. Use them at Field Day to supply guest headphones for
visitors as well as ops. The older ops appreciate them as well because
some of the newer radios don't have enough audio even without
splitters. Everyone gets there own volume control. No hint of RF even
with 1000 watts at home. Misplaced the power supply for one once.
Ran it all weekend on AA batteries so if you wanted to toss the wall
wart - that works too.

I found one thing to be aware of. I use one when I go out mobile.
I believe the one you posted has a negative center pin on the power.
I blew a fuse in the truck when the coaxial power plug accidentally
popped out and touched a ground point.  <grin>

The next one I bought, I made sure it had a positive center pin for
the power.

cheers
dink, n7wa