CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1AAA @ VY1JA will be QRV for CW SS...

To: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] VY1AAA @ VY1JA will be QRV for CW SS...
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 17:51:39 -0800 (PST)
I've been a ham for more than 50 years and it just keeps getting better and
better.

I'm not sure why the IOoDHW* is writing jeremiads over this issue.

This weekend I will scan the bands for a VE8/VY1 station just like I have in
every CW SS since Moby Dick was a minnow.  It won't be any easier to find
whether VY1JA sits in front of the rig, or if W1NN keys the rig from Ohio.  I
still have to work a station in YU/NWT to get the mult.

I am indeed oblivious to whatever "destruction" W1NN will cause, or what "money
I should follow" to get this mult.

__73, de Hans, K0HB

"Just a Boy and His Radio"™

​

​*IOoDHW = "International Order of Dismayed Hand Wringers"

On Thursday, Nov 5, 2015 at 15:41, Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>, wrote:
Paul and Drew,

Amateur radio has died.  The Rise and Fall of Amateur Radio.  It has morphed

into Internet Radio.  Hastened by the instant gratification society.  Those

who promote the change are oblivious to the destruction that it does.  There

will be those who will blather on and on about some of the new technology

without realizing how it harms true amateur radio.

Some of us have been fortunate to hold our licenses when true amateur radio

existed.  Now just watch the cluster and DXCC in a couple of hours.  No one

fails; Everyone passes.  Why not just hand out DXCC with the license?

Follow the money.

Doug