CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Skimmer Spots

To: <bryonveal@msn.com>, <zephd@indy.rr.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Skimmer Spots
From: <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:42:51 +0000
Paul N0AH expressed things in a perfect way... Additional to his comments, I
would like to remind some readers here that most radios actually have a VFO
knob making possible to change the QRG a bit... Also a button regulating filter
widths. All whining about RBN busted calls indicates that some of us obviously
would prefer to start their automized station Saturday morning at 00 UTC and
then go to bed like the bear during winter, and then wake up 48 hours later and
check your score. I would feel ashamed for several of the comments on this
topic... Start using your ears, brains and fingers while competing in
radiosport instead of naively whining and dreaming that your station performs
without YOU! Bring back the joy of contesting by accepting you are the one to
create the score - not your tools! 73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats