CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:51:56 -0400

On 8/12/2009 Julius Fazekas wrote:

> I'll second that Barry!

> Sometimes I think I'm insane for the time and money put into this
> hobby, but I just don't get why anyone would intentionally cheat..

Frankly, because in any competitive venture, there are some folks who are
"hyper competitive" and will do what it takes "to win" - it starts with small
rule bending, and then when other folks start bending the same rule they bend a
little more, etc.  It IS part of human nature (which some contest people, and
other folks in other walks of life often forget - which is why some great
ideas, in theory ("This works if we all go along") often don't work in real
life (We'll pretend to work as long as they pretend to pay us)

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"Wisdom is knowing what to do next.