CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, k5zd@charter.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R
From: "droese@necg.de" <droese@necg.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:17:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi Randy,

at first I though that might be an error and your "it is now allowed" should
have been "it is not allowed".

Checking the general rules for all entrants they state: "Only one signal on a
band is allowed at any time.
When two or more transmitters are present on the same band, a hardware device
MUST be used to prevent
more than one signal at any one time. Alternating CQs on two or more
frequencies on a band is not permitted."
With always "on a band" stated it sounds like it is allowed to have more than
one signal as a single operator
as long as they are on different bands. Your statement of "it is now allowed"
would even underline it.

On the other hand single op category rule paragraph states "only one
transmitted signal is allowed at any time".
Checked in rules for the upcoming WPX 2014 as the WWDX rules are still the old
2013 ones.

So which one is true now? Does not sound very consistent to me and rather
confusing as a non-native English
speaker ...

Thanks & 73, Olli - DH8BQA