CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea

To: k1ir@designet.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Sprint is a good idea
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:48:23 EST
In a message dated 3/18/04 12:33:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
k1ir@designet.com writes:

> I like you Mid West guys a lot. You are very perceptive. I bet you are also
>
> very creative. So, please tell us about your dream DX contest in which the
> playing field is leveled to your liking.

How about this:

Have a six hour DX sprint within a major 48 hour contest.  Start the six hour
edition at 1600 Z on Saturday.

This is about when the sun comes up on the west coast.  The extra difficulty
of working Europe from there would be offset by the fact that the east coast
would have spent 4+ hours working out the band.

Both coasts, and the midwest, would have equal shots to South America.

If all bands were allowed, the east coast opening to EU on 40 (and 80)  would
be more or less cancelled out by the west coast opening to JA on the high
bands.  Or maybe make it 20 - 15 - 10 meters only.

Count multipliers only once, regardless of band.

73  -  Jim  K8MR