CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW prop forcast pathetic

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP CW prop forcast pathetic
From: KH6DV@cs.com (KH6DV@cs.com)
Date: Fri Aug 1 15:49:52 2003
This morning before she left for work my wife Caroline (NH6PR) asked me to
"run my little propagation program thingy"  (thats what she said, really) and
tell her when her chances on 10 meters would be best.  This morning the
K7RA/ARRL propagation forecast arrived via email.  The K-Index forecast for the
contest period is pathetic at best.  Here we go again, this looks like another
contest where the propagation starts to clear up shortly after the contest is
over.
 W6EL says she can work any W4/W5 who has 32 or more elements somewhere
between 2030 and 2130Z.  Most other call areas arrant even listed with a "D"
confidence level time period, not even W6/W7.
Given the fact that she only has an advance license and is restricted to the
portion of the band above 025, I don't expect any big numbers out of this
adventure. Anyone hear any KH6 activity on 28 lately, or maybe the KH6WO
beacon?
>From out here this may well turn into another one of those two band (20/40)
contests.  I have listened to the 28 and 21 Mhz beacons for the last two days,
nothing on 28 but the 21 Mhz beacon from NY and Ca is weak but readable. The
South American beacons are always there.

Good luck to everyone this weekend, don't let frustration take advantage of
you.

Aloha
Ron KH6DV (KH6VV)