CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: "k5zd@charter.net" <k5zd@charter.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: Chris Wynn via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 20:43:13 +0000 (UTC)
I was first licensed at 12 years of age.  Fortunately, I had a great mentor,
Mike Greenway,  K4PI, that always kept me pushing further.
With that being said, I didn't not have the resources to contest until college,
oddly enough!
I also grew up racing motorcycles and in a stunt show for 7 years.  I have an
extremely competitive side, and find myself doing whatever I need to "honestly"
do my best.
I am now 39, have two boys, some acreage with two towers up.  My only
impediment is my law practice that steals me away sometimes.
I would be excited to see more younger hams or future hams being brought into
the contest.  If we go these guys correctly, they would be killer in the
contests and would be a great insurance plan for the future of ham radio and
our sport.
Just my thoughts...... these maybe a little skewed due to my ankle surgery last
week and my completion of my XM-240 on tower number two!  I managed to cram my
left ankle in a boot and climb the tower regardless of the stitches and
swelling!
73's es see y'all in the pile ups!
ChrisN4XFA SEDXC SECC ARRL Life Member

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Randy Thompson K5ZD<k5zd@charter.net> wrote:
  There is a new blog post with the first results from the CQ WW Contest
survey that was open during September 2015.

http://cqww.com/blog/2015-cq-ww-survey-results-part-1/

This first post cover demographic information about the responses.  The most
striking finding is how old we are!

Comments and discussion are welcome.

Randy, K5ZD