CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX
From: "Marvin Bloomquist" <n5aw@281.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 11:40:32 -0600
I get occasional W/VE callers in the ARRL DX contests. Especially on SSB it
is easy to politely tell these folks we can't work each other in this
contest. When I do that they often thank me for telling them. I'm amazed
that many of the big guns work these guys as if they count. That just
perpetuates the problem and they go off looking for another contact. Maybe
it is slightly quicker to do that on CW rather than explain we can't work
each other but certainly not on phone. All of us benefit if we let these
neophytes know they need to be working DX.  Hey - at least they are trying
to participate rather than sitting out there griping about the contesters.

Marv N5AW