CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] QRL?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QRL?
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:25:28 -0500 (EST)

Following the Stew Perry Test, K3ZM had a cool 3830 post concerning signs
of operating QRP.  (He was not QRP this time, but has done so in the  past).
A brief excerpt:

I did not operate QRP again this time, but developed the following tests to
 help
determine my power category:

<snip>

If you have come to learn that "QRL?" means, "It is time for you to QSY
now,
OM," you might be running QRP.

Or as I would put it, to a few people "QRL?"   apparently means  "Are you
Ready to Leave?", and a response of "QRL" means to them, "Yes, I am  Ready to
Leave".

73  -  Jim   K8MR