CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 17:53:48 2002
In a message dated 10/30/2002 10:38:00 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
tree@kkn.net writes:

> 1. Use of packet.  Packet continues to be one of those double edged swords.
> It can be abused, but it can also help encourage activity.  Lots of people
> get caught up in trying to complete their cleansweep and use packet as an
> aid.  Obviously, if you use this aid, make sure you chose the right
> category
> when sending in your log.  Also, if you are spotting stations, make sure
> you
> are an "equal opportunity spotter".  It wouldn't be right if one station
> ends
> up with some kind of advantage because he was spotted ten times as many
> times
> as the competition.  I am sure they wouldn't want to win because of that
> either.

Tree,

I got flamed a couple of years ago by putting out many many spots without
including section information.  The flames came from a few stns who were
using the spots to find sweeps.

If I go assisted (still undecided), I will continue to put out spots without
sections for two reasons:  1.) I don't want the bother of having to enter
section info into the spot, and 2.) I don't believe that the section info
should be included in the spot info; the section should be learned during the
exchange.

Comments?

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC