CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] New ARRL Contest Branch Manager: Sean Kutzko, KX9X

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New ARRL Contest Branch Manager: Sean Kutzko, KX9X
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
The ARRL Letter
Vol. 26, No. 41
October 12, 2007
***************

* New Contest Manager on the Job: Sean Kutzko, KX9X, joined the ARRL
Headquarters staff on October 8 as the ARRL Contest Manager. First
licensed in 1982 as KA9NGH, Kutzko developed a taste for contesting
after winning the Illinois section in the 1988 ARRL Novice Roundup.
Since then, he has been active in both HF and VHF contesting, as well as
HF DXing and VHF weak-signal communications. A long-standing member of
the Society of Midwest Contesters (SMC) and a strong advocate of
mentoring new contesters, Kutzko has won several contest and DX awards,
including several Top Ten finishes in the ARRL Sweepstakes SSB contest
as a QRP entrant. He has been on two HF contest DXpeditions, including
6Y7M in the 1994 CQ WPX CW contest, and V26NA in the 1997 ARRL
International DX CW Contest. Kutzko also enjoys activating rare grid
squares by going on "Grid DXpeditions" in the continental US for the
VHF/UHF community. In the late 1990s, Kutzko published a regular column
in the National Contest Journal (NCJ) that focused on DX locations
available for hams to rent for contests or DXpeditions. "It's a great
honor to be the Contest Branch Manager. Everybody at HQ has been very
friendly and generous of their time and knowledge for me, the newcomer.
There is a lot of work from several folks -- hams and non-hams alike --
that goes on behind the scenes to keep your contest logs properly scored
and managed. While I still have a lot to learn, rest assured that as a
fellow HF and VHF contester myself, my primary interest is to ensure
logs are received and processed correctly, scores are reported quickly
and accurately and awards are mailed in a timely fashion. Feel free to
contact me with any contest-related questions you may have. You can
reach me at 860-594-0232 or via e-mail <kx9x@arrl.org>. I am at your
service," Kutzko said.

The ARRL Letter is published Fridays, 50 times each year, by the
American Radio Relay League: ARRL--the National Association for Amateur
Radio, 225 Main St, Newington, CT 06111; tel 860-594-0200; fax
860-594-0259; <http://www.arrl.org>. Joel Harrison, W5ZN, President.

The ARRL Letter offers a weekly e-mail digest of essential and general
news of interest to active radio amateurs. Visit the ARRL Web site
<http://www.arrl.org> for the latest Amateur Radio news and news
updates. The ARRL Web site <http://www.arrl.org/> also offers
informative features and columns. ARRL Audio News
<http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter/audio/> is a weekly "ham radio newscast"
compiled and edited from The ARRL Letter. It's also available as a
podcast from our Web site.

Material from The ARRL Letter may be republished or reproduced in whole
or in part in any form without additional permission. Credit must be
given to The ARRL Letter/American Radio Relay League.