CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] real time scoreboards

To: <eric@k3na.org>, <live@cqww.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] real time scoreboards
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:24:30 -0000
Eric you said: ""Allowing single operator stations to have more fun in
contests seems
beneficial to our beloved sport.  And encouraging part-time participants
to operate more of the contest also seems beneficial.""
Those were the same kind of excuses that were used in the early days of the
DX Packet Cluster and look at that hornets nest now. Any outside system
being utilized whether it be clusters or scoreboards or whatever will always
provide an unfair advantage. Like the Cluster I can assure you it will not
be policed and some stations utilizing it to their advantage will not report
its use.
Now before I get beat up to badly I realize the overwhelming majority of
contesters are upstanding and play by the rules. It's always that bad apples
that spoil it.  Eventually like the Clusters the good guys will tired of no
action against the bad guys and then just like the clusters even the most
honest upstanding guys will begin to sneak a peek once in awhile. I'm all
for modern technology but if it's not going to be policed and controlled
then it will also be another Cluster.
73

MAL
N7MAL