CQ-Contest

Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Contest Complaining

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Contest Complaining
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:06:56 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I can speak for myself, and I am sure many others, in saying that complaints of
receiving no certificates after 3 or more years from a contest have been sent
directly to the CQ Contest Organizers.  If you get any response at all, its the
"give us a break we are all voulteers" response.

This forum here is becoming an escape valve for many frustrated people who may
very well have already expressed their concerns through other channels to no
"known" improvement.

I for one would like to see a proposal from CQ Mag to pay the people who do the
contest.  Ask for donations via paypal, consider finding a few corporate
sponsors to the results page on the web,  or whatever but "do something!".  I
would also like to hear from the some of the advertisers of CQ to for once and
for all clarify to the contest community whether or not the "miniscule couple
of percent" of the readership of both CQ and QST is really unimportant to the
overall business strategy of advertising.

Ed  N1UR