CQ-Contest

Help...duplicate messages

Subject: Help...duplicate messages
From: dhs-dlr@monad.net (dhs-dlr@monad.net)
Date: Thu Apr 6 08:56:29 1995
I have been getting duplicate and sometimes triplicate messages for the past
few
days. I have tried to signoff and then do a query to see if I was listed twice.
There's no indication that I am.

Anyone else having this problem and if so what's the cure?

Thanks es 73

Doug KD1GJ

From: Paperman, W. David" <wpaperman@msmail.his.tch.tmc.edu (Paperman, W. David)
Subject: No subject

I have just joined this list. I would appreciate seeing some scores from
operators in the single unassisted category in the last (March,1995)
A.R.R.L. DX contest, especially from the 5th district. This was the first
time in some years that I have done a "single/single" and would like to see
how it all added up (app. 366k).
TNX es 73, Dave WQ5Y
For direct replies I can be reached at -    wpaperman@msmail.his.tch.tmc.edu

From: Trey Garlough <GARLOUGH@TGV.COM> (Trey Garlough)

> I have just joined this list. I would appreciate seeing some scores from
> operators in the single unassisted category in the last (March,1995)
> A.R.R.L. DX contest, especially from the 5th district. This was the first
> time in some years that I have done a "single/single" and would like to see
> how it all added up (app. 366k).
> TNX es 73, Dave WQ5Y
> For direct replies I can be reached at -    wpaperman@msmail.his.tch.tmc.edu

To get archives of messages posted to this mailing list, send a message
to fileserv@tgv.com that says

        SENDME CQ-CONTEST-ARCHIVE.yyyy-mm

--Trey, WN4KKN/6

From: apontej@dmapub.dma.org (Jose Aponte) (Jose Aponte)
Subject: PC archive of cq wpx record holder - like HC8A?

Are there any cq wpx record holder in this reflector.
if soo would you be willing to havea copy of the contest PC log file
archive in this server. I feel full disclosure is the best way for anyone
to inspect the details of your record holding position if they wish to
check the contest qso contact they might have had with you.

for some reason apparetly cq mamgazine does not make those logs public...
i feel this is a political problem more than a legal one...

any questions please email me directly rather than start a tangential
debates of the pro & cons for this ... other in the reflector might not
be interested in your psoition on this. feel free to email me... but I am
not to debate it unless it is appropriate or you are the cq mag contest (paid)
director. of course.

jose
kp4uy

psote

From: p_casier@eunet.be (Peter Casier) (Peter Casier)
Subject: Is this frequency in use?

You know what bothers me in a contest? Guys coming right on your working
frequency and starting 'CQ contest, CQ contest,...'.
I was just processing my 9Q5TT WPX log, when I found my CT noteS file back.

During the test, I noted the calls of guys who tried to take my frequency
without even bothering if it was in use or not. Two of them I remember very
well, a SP9 and a TM2. All the others QSYd after I made it clear the
frequency was in use, but those two did not care. On the contrary, they just
put their voice keyer on autorepeat and probably went off for a coffee or
something, because they did not even make QSOs.

There should be a possibility to forward the calls of these kinda people to
the contest committee. If more than x number of people complain about the
same station, they should be disqualified. That is my opinion.

Certainly if you are DX, and have difficulties, due to limited power or
antenna setup, but still want to play along, it is very frustrating, once
you have a pretty clear frequency, to find one of those <censored> stepping
on you.

Indeed the bands can get crowded and you will always splatter here or there,
but it is only normal you ask if a frequency is in use before taking it.

Sorry, had to get this off my chest, was getting nervous reading my notes
file again.

Peter
ON6TT

p_casier@box.eunet.be

From: wicall@ccpac.ims.disa.mil (Lee Wical) (Lee Wical)
Subject: today's prop

     solar flux (1700z)=72
     running Alpha=03
     k-1800z=0
     solar output=vylo
     good day for 17/20 mtrs dx
     fair dx on 15 mtrs
     poor dx forecasted for 12/10 mtrs due to seasonal low in northern
     hemisphere and flux below 90 mark. short skip dx possible.
     40 mtrs (nightime) good to fair due to increasing thunderstorms in n.
     hemisphere.
     good dx. lee kh6bzf

From: wicall@ccpac.ims.disa.mil (Lee Wical) (Lee Wical)
Subject: cancelling prop info

     several of you folks on the "contest web" asked me for prop info.
     i tried to serve those overseas contesters who don't have rapid
     access to wwv/wwvh services.
     the synops wants me to stop this service. this i have done.

     i'll try to find the proper forum for same. if a forum is know to you,
     i'm open for your suggestions. again sorry. lee

From: McCarty, DK 'Dav" <DKMC@chevron.com (McCarty, DK 'Dav)
Subject: More Sprint Thoughts

From: McCarty, DK 'David'
To:  OPEN ADDRESSING SERVI-OPENADDR

To the group, especially AE0M, N6TR, K2MM:

Much has been said about Sprints and DX.  The NA Sprint has been a steadfast
hit.  The EU sprint is coming.  The Asia sprint may soon start up.

There has been talk of a DX sprint.  How would that work?

Driving home last night, I thought of a possible linkage between sprints.
 In February, when the NA Sprint is offered, we have the opportunity for a
weekend period in which several four-hour slots could be arranged.  One for
EU, one for NA, one for Asia.

Combination schemes could apply: work any two and add the scores; cumulative
scoring for all three; continental champs; etc.

What do you think?

73
Dave
K5GN
dkmc@chevron.com

From: ironsp@fox.nstn.ns.ca (Phil Irons) (Phil Irons)
Subject: DX-Request@unbc.edu

>>does anybody know whether the DX-Request@unbc.edu is still active??
>>
>>I cannot subscribe DX-Request@unbc.edu. Did they change the mailing
>>address??
>>
>>73's Charlie, DL6RDE/AA1KD
>>

>Is it defunct? Or having troubles?
>
>                                       Zack W9SZ

As far as I am aware, it's operational...I get stuff from them almost every
day...

Phil Irons           VE1BVD@VE1PAK           ironsp@fox.nstn.ca
     The only stupid question is the one you *DON'T* ask!