CQ-Contest

Groton Electronics on the Web

Subject: Groton Electronics on the Web
From: Ai7b@teleport.com (Ai7b@teleport.com)
Date: Tue May 14 16:58:34 1996
        no more useful to me than the tucker posting!!

From: k1vr@k1vr.jjm.com (Fred Hopengarten) (Fred Hopengarten)
Subject: Source of bolts & Timewave

On Mon, 13 May 96 09:35:00 EDT, "Kennamer, Bill,  K5FUV" <bkennamer@arrl.org>
wrote:

> The problem with stainless is that when they go away, they don't turn color
> (usually). They just film over with a white powder, and when touched are
> likely to turn to powder. Frequent inspection is required, especially when
> in contact with aluminum. I'd much prefer galvanized.
>
> 73
> Bill K5FUV
>  ----------
K1VR:  Hmmmm.  A phenomenon I've never observed, tho if FUV
says it happens, it must happen.  However, the application
in which I use stainless steel nuts and bolts is the
assembly of towers, where they are not in contact with
aluminum, but rather galvanized tower sections.  They are
also easily examined each time I climb the tower (I try to
see if all the nuts are still in place).
--
                      Fred Hopengarten K1VR
           Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105

From: km0l@tyrell.net (Steve Lufcy) (Steve Lufcy)
Subject: 80 mtrs and touchlamps

I gave my touchlamp to my daughter (who lives 350 miles away) and am
waiting for the 2 year old grandson to discover it- then it will get
smashed- either by the 2 year old, or Momma after tiring of the on/off
lights. Hehe- sadistic joke. But am hoping the grandson will learn morse
code on it!
de KM0L
Steve in KC

From: 0006743923@mcimail.com (Kurt Pauer) (Kurt Pauer)
Subject: This Bolt Business!!!

All this talk about bolts on Rohn towers has got to be a huge prank.
Has there ever been a failure of Rohn tower due to bolt shear assuming
the tower was properly guyed?  I could see that a self-standing tower
could fail from bolt shear.  I suspect that Charlie Harpole started
this bolt thing to see if anyone would take him seriously and he's
sitting down there in Florida laughing uncontrollably.  Maybe it
was Ward, LA1ON, who started this thread.  Wasn't he the one who
said that he used 16 penny spikes and bent the point around to keep
them from falling out?  What does Dr. Bafoofnik use?

Now I feel better.  See you at Dayton so I can collect all those
beers for the copies of "Battle of the Hams" that I sent out.

[D
[D
[D
[D
[D
[D
[D
[D
[DVery 73,  Kurt, W1PH

From: kc4zv@iquest.com (Greg Richard KC4ZV) (Greg Richard KC4ZV)
Subject: article in lhj june 1996 -Reply (fwd)

This is the reply I received from my email to the Ladies Home Journal.
thought it might be of interest..

Greg KC4ZV