CQ-Contest

PACKET CHEATING

Subject: PACKET CHEATING
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Tue Oct 1 18:31:05 1996

>   2) The packet cheating isn't surprising. Two hams called
>me on the phone after CQWWCW to tell me that my competition
>had connected to their packet cluster several times during
>the weekend, and had declared themselves to be SO.

It's interesting that you can't assume this means the person is USING it.

I was in a contest earlier this year (I forget which one, I didn't send
in a log anyway) during which I was connected to the local
PacketCluster and forgot all about it! At the time, the Packet monitor
was in a different room than the shack. It was in the kitchen! I realized I
was still connected to it when I shut the rig off to go to sleep and went
to get a snack first.

73, Zack W9SZ

From: apmeyer@ix.netcom.com (ALEX A.P. MEYER) (ALEX A.P. MEYER)
Subject: NEED help in Tampa Florida.

-----URGENT------URGENT-----URGENT----URGENT-----URGENT----

If you live in Tampa Florida please help us out with the
following:

A DX Expedition Group going on a Big Expediton real soon,
Need to talk to a Ham in Tampa.

Reasoon need to find out of Recordex is still in business.

We have a telefoon number, but that thing has a modem on it.

We tried but can not get to them.

If you are willing to help us by going there and if they

are still in business and getting a phone number for us so

we can talk too them.

Please help us and all DXER's.

ALEX P.M.  MEYER.
3153 TRISTIAN AVE.
SAN JOSE. CA.
408-258-1128.

From: apmeyer@ix.netcom.com (ALEX A.P. MEYER) (ALEX A.P. MEYER)
Subject: Sable Is. .....When???

When is this dx expedition going there?

Thanks for helping out.

"73 es DX..........ALEX...............WB6AFJ......

From: cns-sd@ix.netcom.com (Art Wallace) (Art Wallace)
Subject: Fwd: Kenwood Sales Manager

---- Begin Forwarded Message
From: Paul Middleton <paulem@ix.netcom.com>
To: cns-sd@ix.netcom.com
CC: paulem@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Kenwood

I received the following message from the NATIONAL SALES MANAGER at
Kenwood. Seems he took offense at the message someone put on the
reflector (which I added to wondering if my Gold D-104 Eagle would work
with it) about Kenwood selling their Amateur Radio products at truck
stops. The new radio contained features like "Good Buddy Beeps, Noise
Generator for clearing the frequency, Echo Generator"

If you want to send your comments to Paul about Kenwoods new Truck Stop
outlet chain, his E-Mail is  PAULM@IX.NETCOM.COM . Also maybe
PAULM@KENWOODUSA.COM      His call is KD6DUH .

Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder if the TS in TS-870, TS-950 stands for TRUCK STOP?

73  Art   KK6XN    :)

Dear Mr. Wallace: (that's me,  Art)
I have read your posting to internet. I would like to have the ability
to speak with you over the telephone. It is important that we talk
ASAP.
I will call you at your convenience if that is possible. Please provide
me with your phone # and the best time to reach you. The information
that you are providing is untrue. I wish to clear this matter up with
you.

Sincerely,

Paul Middleton KD6NUH
National Sales Manager