CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] WPX scoring, short analysis

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX scoring, short analysis
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Tue Jun 3 20:14:42 1997
Ken, K4ZW (Ex KE9A/4) was nice enough to send me his 80M single band log
from WPX CW.  I was interested in seeing what he was working.  The one thing
that stands out to me is the lack of USA guys that called him.  I heard Ken
CQing a lot in the extra band.  I figured his log must be littered with W's
QSO's.  NOT!  Of his 329 QSO's, most were with Europe.

Mostly, I think this just shows that the casual K1/2/3 types aren't cruising
80M in May.  Especially when 20M is open all night.  :)

73

Bill, W4AN

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com