CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Great experiences with I.C.E.!!!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Great experiences with I.C.E.!!!
From: ramirezk@emi.com (Ken N4UK)
Date: Fri Jun 6 08:57:37 1997
            In defense of I.C.E. I want to say that I have had
nothing but EXCELLENT service from their technical support team
and their line of band pass filters have worked superbly for us
down in Puerto Rico.
            Two years ago we accidentally blew up the station's
20m BPFthe day before the contest. A quick call to ICE and they
offered to overnight the replacement parts to KP4 free of
charge! (I paid for postage)
            Earlier this year I sent them the whole set of
filters for upgrading with the contest fast approaching and was
surprised to find a complete new set of filters showing up at my
door. We weren't even billed for shipping! Now this is customer
service at its best! The I.C.E. Bandpass filters are the MOST
important accessory at the WP3X Multi-Multi station.
            I am most appreciative of the service I have
received from I.C.E. It's a nice feeling knowing that you can
count on them when the going gets rough! It's just one less
thing to worry about when down in the Caribbean!
                                      73 Ken N4UK
                               Cabo Rojo Contest Club-WP3X

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, "Danny MEES" <on7nq@glo.be> wrote:

> Hello Tom & others...
> My experience with ICE has NOT been good either...allthough
their filters,
> remotes and lightning arrestors are superb quality...
> Had to wait 5 months on the catalog , 4 months to receive the
ordered
> items..
> About 5 months ago I requested a 97 catalog...still nada !
> However recently I found out that RadioWare sells ICE filters
& stuff...
> Don?t know if they are ICE dealer but it may be a better
route..

http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

         73 Ken n4uk