CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Re: Where are the W95 versions??

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Where are the W95 versions??
From: windev@inetmarket.com (Gerry Hull)
Date: Sun Jun 8 16:29:13 1997
Dave K4JRB wrote:

> I see very few logging programs, propagation programs, and antenna modelling
> programs written for Windows 95.
>
> The news from COMDEX Spring is that Microsoft will have NO support for DOS
> programs in Windows 97 and that DOS 7 behind Windows 95 is the last..  Why?
> because eventually W95/7 and Windows NT will become one as Windows NT Lite
> or V1 will replace W95/7 and the step up will be to Full NT.  NT does not
> use DOS (more of a UNIX with a better user shell).
>
> So far I see DX4WIN and NEC4WIN (still NEC 2) and I understand Dennis at
> Logic is hard at work at a W95 version..and lets see.... I think the program
> from Cincy that competes with Logic and DxBase may be windows...So far no
> propagation programs.

I'm in the procesa of building a Win3.1/Win95/WinNT contest application
which will be backward compatible with CT.  The Win3.1 version (16-bit)
will be a subset of the 32-bit version.)  I've mentioned my work on the
CT-user list and have received a ton of encouragement.  I hope to
incoropate the best features from all the current crop and add a bunch
more.

I'd like to hear from the contest community in general on their "wish
list"  I won't be able to please everybody, but I hope to use a lot of
your ideas.

I've set up a mail alias where you can send your ideas:

        contest_app_wishlist@inetmarket.com

(please note the underscores)

In addition, I'll have a webpage up in the future to track your wishes
and let you get hold of betas.

73,

-Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
Hull Computer Consulting
MS-Windows and Internet Applications Development Services
Greenfield, NH 603.547.8327
windev@inetmarket.com  http://www.inetmarket.com/hcc
Amateur Radio W1VE/VE1RM ex VE1SPI, CY0SAB, VP2M/VE1RM, AK4L, VE1CER
VE9DH Contest Page   http://www.inetmarket.com/ve9dh     w1ve@inetmarket.com