CQ-Contest

JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix

Subject: JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix
From: albraun@socketis.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Thu Jun 26 12:38:34 1997
In <9705258672.AA867261719@mail-out.un.org>, on 06/25/97
   at 12:53 PM, Alex_van_Eijk_at_DPKO-UNAVEM@un.org said:

>>Subject: JATKO:[CQ-Contest] X5 Prefix
>>Author:  "Klimoff Timo" <timo.klimoff@ktm.vn.fi> at internet
>>
>>X5's are pirates, because it is an unlegal prefix (like 1B).
>>But for contest purposes, I have edited my CQWW.CTY file: X5 as YU.
>>Does anyone know if X5s have Yugoslavian license ??

>If you want to "correct" it in your CQWW.CTY file, do it properly: X5
>equals T9. They should have Bosnian licenses.

>What do they say? If you insist long enough with a lie, it becomes the
>truth.....

>73, Alex D25L (PA3DZN)

Maybe they SHOULD have Bosnian licenses, but they don't.  Right now, at least
for ARRL/DXCC purposes, X5 counts for NOTHING.  Not Bosnia, not Yugoslavia.
NOTHING.   Don't waste your time on them.

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *

From: Zack Lau <zlau@arrl.org> (Zack Lau)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] AA: stop WHINING

Douglas Zwiebel wrote:

> I'm really having some trouble believing what I
> am reading here.  Some entrants are upset that
> a contest sponsor HAS THE NERVE to run a contest
> that CT doesn't support?  GET REAL guys/gals!
> Since when is CT (or any other software) THE
> STANDARD for how contests should be crafted?
> Look...if it is in the RULES and your software
> doesn't support it, but you want to ENTER or
> even be competitive....THEN FOLLOW THE RULES
> and find another way (paper?).  I must say that

Does anyone know which contests require metric
(A11?) paper submissions as opposed to 8.5 x 11
inches?

I know someone who got DQed for using the
"American Standard."

--Zack W1VT  zlau@arrl.org