CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] New QSY rule is a success

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New QSY rule is a success
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu Feb 26 10:34:54 1998
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:14:37 -0500 (EST) Bill Fisher - W4AN

>One comment though...   I'de like to see a rule that prevents
>transmitting on two bands simultaneously just as in Single Op.

K1VR:  The new rule encourages transmitting on two bands ALMOST
simultaneously, as you get three free contacts per hour on another band
when you are running and never leave that run frequency. People will soon
be building an octopus.  The old rule meant that you could have a single
station and compete, and was designed to outlaw the octopus. The new rule
virtually requries you to have two stations to take advantage of the
three free mults per hour. I do not like it for that reason. It is too
much like the CQ WW M/S rule which also requires two stations. M/S is
supposed to be the category which encourages a small team (2-5 guys) to
operate one station (single transmitter).

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]