CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Heil BM-10 headset problem

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Heil BM-10 headset problem
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Fri Mar 20 11:41:28 1998
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998 01:22:51 -0500 (EST) "David L. Thompson"
<thompson@mindspring.com> writes:

>During the CQ 160 SSB contest I noticed the Heil headset (Yaesu with
>stereo plug) started to act up.

Dave:

        K1DG came to the conclusion a while back that the actual earphone
used may have a glue which becomes loose with vibration and the passing
of time.  Cure? Replace the earphone element, both elements, or resort to
the various systems previously described of mounting the Heil boom on
someone else's headphones.  I have  a collection of suggestions as to how
to mount a Heil boom, in case you need them.

                                Fred K1VR

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]