CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Fw: DX & Contesting Forums Outrage

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: DX & Contesting Forums Outrage
From: KU8E@worldnet.att.net (Jeffrey Clarke)
Date: Sat Apr 18 11:07:38 1998

 I think the Hamvention has made the wrong call in moving the Contest and
DX forums. I like to pop in and out the forum, like
 many others do. I really can feel for the guys that hold forums that are
not as well attended as the DX and Contest forums. They
 will be lucky to get anyone to attend their forum just because of the
inconvenience of getting there. I think there will be a big
 drop in attendance at the forums. In my case I probably won't even bother
to go. If the Hamvention is not willing to see this ,
 maybe starting next year some of the contest clubs ( and DX clubs) should
organize the forums away from the Hamvention
 location .  There are plenty of large conference rooms at the Crown Plaza
and you could hold the forums in the afternoon, before
 dinner and the hospitaility suites start up......

                                                                  Jeff
KU8E

----------
> From: Mike Rhodes <weightdn@bright.net>
> To: Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>; DX Reflector
<dx@ve7tcp.ampr.org>
> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: DX & Contesting Forums Outrage
>
> Here is the reply I received to my (less than polite) email to the
> Hamvention Chairman. My impression is that this is the way they intend to
do
> it from here on out. Even with double the number of buses, I can't think
of
> a much more inconvenient way to host forums that are each a half day
long.
> Maybe it will work but I'd hate to have to bet much on it.
>
> Mike / W8DN

It