CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] non contest zone in 10 meter contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] non contest zone in 10 meter contest
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Wed Dec 16 03:56:08 1998
 all this discussion about the non contest zone on 10 meters is going to
be moot soon anyways. The FCC is going to get rid of the Novice and
Tech+ one way or another and there will be no more novice/tech subbands.
either we will all be made General Class ( if the ARRL get their way) or
we will be orphaned from the FCC and have all of the General class CW
area on 10,15,40 and 80 and all the 10 meter band on SSB.
 Either way there will be plenty of room for non contesters and no need
for a non contest window
 I a lot of people are going to be upset about this no matter what the
FCC decides but it is coming and both the ARRL and the FCC are pushing
for it. most likely by the time next year or or the year 2000!
73
 Rick
KC5AJX