CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] SS-LOG Super-Check

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS-LOG Super-Check
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun Mar 7 12:54:08 1999

Someone said:

> >#1..........SS is not Sprint. I don't feel SS should be checked as hard as
> >Sprint because of the tremendous amount of unique information that is
> >exchanged in SS. Too many variables with QRM and fading that allows one
> dit to
> >be lost which causes TWO QSOs lost. The penalty thing is ridiculous.

It surprises me that a contester would suggest lax log checking. The
whole point of the exchange is copying it (remember, the SS
exchange is based on the traffic handling preamble). Seems like just
another part of the "dumbing down" of ham radio, just like the
proposed licensing changes...

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com