CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Two radios - one amp

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Two radios - one amp
From: g4buo@compuserve.com (Dave Lawley)
Date: Thu Jan 18 16:09:56 2001
f0ILAR923064
Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

In a two-radio one-amp configuration your single point of
failure is the amplifier. If it fails you are down to exciter
power only.

So if you think it is a good idea to have a spare amplifier,
why not use it on the second radio.

For a major contest I make a point of doubling up on most
important elements of the station, including antennas
where possible, because (unlike some single ops) if
something breaks I'm the only person on hand to fix it
and I don't want to lose any more time than is absolutely
necessary before getting back on the air.

Dave G4BUO