CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wire Coiling for the impatient ?
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Tue Jan 30 05:33:41 2001
WO1N wrote:

 >   There are no shortcuts I know of when rolling up coax. Like one of the
other
 > replies mentioned, start a loop with the desired diameter. Secure it with
 > some electrical tape. Hand roll the rest insuring there are no kinks. Use
 > electrical tape to secure the roll in a tight bundle. Do not use duct
tape as
 > the adhesive bleeds after a while and makes a mess. I use the cheap
(.49cents
 > US) electrical tape for all of this.

All the electrical tape I've used exhibits the same characteristic - the
adhesive "bleeds".  I hold my coiled up wire with leftover pieces of 14g or
12g solid from Romex (housewire).  I *start* the coil with tape,
however.  When I'm smart, I remove the tape after I finish the coil.

- 73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com