CQ-Contest

No subject

Subject: No subject
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Fri Mar 2 11:59:30 2001
eHAM's current speakout question is basically, "Are there too many contests?"

http://www.eham.net/speakout/opinions/151

There's a response from a QRP guy who started off saying how he thought
contests were lame but thought he'd try to snag a few DX QSOs...

<<Most surprising observation: Those kilowatt stations are by far and away
THE BEST operators on the air bar none. Yes it's true that QRP does indeed
develop operator skill... on the receiving end. But I found that the big
boys were the most proficient operators in all regards. The best CW, the
most tolerant and polite, had the best receivers, the most accomodating. I
walked away with a profound respect for QRO. >>

Perhaps we have a convert, not to QRO, but to contesting?

73 Mike N2MG
Good luck in ARRL

http://www.peoplepc.com