CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue Mar 6 12:36:38 2001
Sorry John, I don't agree with you. If I ask "QRZ is the freq in use,"
get no answer, then ask a second time just to make sure
someone's not in the middle of an exchange, and get no answer,
then the freq is up for grabs. This exchange probably takes 10-12
secs. I think it is unreasonable to expect a freq to be your's when
you've vacated it for possibly 120 seconds. Maybe you should have
jumped back to your original spot and thrown a CQ or two out in
the middle of the QSYs.
You may luck out and have it waiting for you. Or, you could be a
bully and take it back, but that's not the right thing to do.
73,
Barry W2UP

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com