CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Frequency in Use

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Frequency in Use
From: k4ww@aol.com (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Tue Mar 6 16:10:38 2001
A "run" frequency is nothing more than a "parking
place"! If you have your vehicle in a "parking place",
and, for whatever reason, decide to leave it, and upon
returning, find it occupied, do you ask the person now
occupying it to leave because you were there a short
time ago...NOT EXACTLTY! Nor do you take your own
vehicle, regardless of size, and attempt to remove the
one now occupying "your" parking place! The first
example would possibly get one laughed out of town for
asking such a ridiculous question, and the second
would get one "free" lodging at the nearest
correctional facility! IMHO, if you leave a frequency,
you have no "right" to it, or upon returning, no
"reason" to expect it to be unoccupied!
Shelby, K4WW

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

From: K0HB@qwest.net" <K0HB@qwest.net (Hans K0HB)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

K1AR wrote:

 > In this case (and correct me if I'm wrong), I believe
 > the passes probably took about 45-60 seconds each. That is, in my view,
 > within a reasonable window to say you're still using a run frequency.

If you're a single op competitor on 15 meters working a mult, then
you obviously do not have a 20 meter frequency.

Period.

73, Hans, K0HB