CQ-Contest

[CQ-Contest] Speedy CWers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Speedy CWers
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri May 18 13:17:06 2001
On 18 May 01, at 11:49, Fabian Kurz wrote:

> CYBERGURUES wrote:
> >
> > Hi:
> > A couple weeks ago some guys were "horrified" by the 110 Qs/10 mins,
> > achieved by the top entrants in the single caller class of the BCC
> > Pile up competition. Now the top three surpassed the 115, and 2 of
> > them W2UP and DJ1YFK are reaching the 120 Qs/10 mins! There is a
> > limit for sure, but: Are they near the limit? Who knows, only time
> > will tell.
>
> There is certainly a limit, but i don't know where it might be ... I
> guess at ca. 150 QSO ... but one thing is for sure: the score and
> QSO-increasement gets slower and slower with the time... My best
> result for the first 5 minutes was something like 70 QSO's ... due to
> a lack of concentration in the following 5 minutes, i cannot reach so
> much there.. something to improve ....

I found the same problem when setting the speed in the 70-80
WPM range. My brain just stops working after a while. Going
slower (60-66 WPM) gives me much steadier runs till the end, and
most importantly, copying calls correctly the first time, which gives
higher QSO totals in the long run.

Regarding the max. QSO total, I think I"m close to my l;imit, as I
can't type any faster. If DEFINEKEY worked in PED and I could
move that + key over to ; or ' that would help.

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com